Thursday, May 23, 2019

e Comm Video Final

e Comm Video Final


        This first project was our short story project. My group and I planned out our short story for about 2 or 3 weeks before we spent a week recording the shots. We faced challenges when it came to casting and weather. We didn't have great ideas about who to cast, and when we did find people to cast, they weren't the best actors. The weather also treated us badly as it rained a lot the week we used to record. Along the way I learned the importance of planning. Throughout the year I've been improving and learning about this, and I feel this time we did fairly well. However, we still didn't plan for the unexpected weather and actor schedules. I was told the film was till pretty funny, which I thought was good, but others did share m concerns about the acting in the film. We changed a few of the scenes from the original script due to actors being too tall or not being able to perform the action. Overall, I think we made a decent video. It may not be the best but it definitely isn't the worst thing i've made.


        This second project was our recreation of Bastille's Pompeii. This project took about 4 weeks in planning and recording. Again, we faced challenges with weather. This time it was snowing many of the weeks we tried recording. Here, I learned about checking the weather and planning in advance for lots of snow to ruin your project. Many people told me the video was good and that I did a good job editing the eyes to be dark the first time, the second not so much. I did change the mask on the second one a few times to try and make it look good, though I wasn't very successful. I thought we made a pretty good video again.

Class Time

        I used my time in class fairly well when I had something to do. However, if I had nothing to do I would sometimes waste some time and do something not very productive. When I could, I would edit or catch up on our groups plans to record. I would spend a lot of time perfecting a project if it was complete.

Strengths / Improvements

        I believe I was able to maximize my strengths be editing videos at home, which gave me more time and I was able to make it as good as possible. I was able to edit many videos which is something I feel I'm good at and enjoy doing. 
        I could have improved when it comes to using my free time more efficiently. I often wasted time in class when I probably could have found something to do if i really tried. 

Short Film

        I edited our short film. We made a comedy piece written by another student in our class. I learned how to work with struggling actors while recording this film, due to our actors being less than perfect. I also learned how to write treatments, loglines, and scripts through this project, which I feel will be important in the future. 

Summary

        I loved making entertaining videos this semester. I didn't enjoy the news stories as much in semester 1, so entertainment was a step up for me. I also enjoyed editing videos. Editing is something I like to do and often do in my free time. If I were to do anything differently, I would have liked to get all of the clips I needed for a few projects, instead of cutting them out. This semester mainly taught me how important time management is. I often ran in to issues because our time was not managed well. Next year, I would like to make even better videos than this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final e-Comm blog post

 The final e-Comm Blog Post Personal Reflection The 5 Guarantees  I had never used an Adobe product, or any decent film equipment before goi...