Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Music Video Recreation

Music Video Recreation




Production

        For our music video, we chose the song Pompeii by Bastille. We started off the process by making a story board and beat sheet. We then started location scouting, trying to find locations that would provide a similar environment as the video. We planned to record for a few hours once or twice every weekend, however we ended up losing a lot of time due to snow. We eventually got all of the shots we needed and I got to work editing the video. I was the main editor of the group, and spent a lot of time working on the project. 

Learning Experience

        Throughout the editing process, I learned about a lot of the effects you can us eon a video. The biggest thing I learned about is how to use masks in Premier Pro, which I used for the eyes. I also learned a lot about communicating with your team, and how it feels when you ask for something and no one responds. I also learned how to manage a project and schedule filming dates. 

Changes

        If I were to make any changes, I would like to spend more time editing the second dark eye scene, as well as have more time getting shots. A few of our shots were rushed or we were unable to get, which especially bothered me while editing the piece. I would definitely keep the first dark eyes the same, because I felt proud of that work and thought it turned out pretty well. Next time I would definitely like to spend more time on some shots as well as plan out actors and locations a bit more. 

Final Thoughts

        Overall I enjoyed this project. It allowed me to meet new people, go to new places, and learn new things. The project as a whole was stressful, but I am glad that it's now over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final e-Comm blog post

 The final e-Comm Blog Post Personal Reflection The 5 Guarantees  I had never used an Adobe product, or any decent film equipment before goi...