Monday, January 13, 2020

Short Film Reflection

Short Film

Pre-Production

Our short film was called REDACTED, a story of two friends who discover a mysterious child. After we had the script, we storyboarded, and scouted for locations. I edited most of the film and worked on the lighting. I learned a lot about lighting and camera angles as well. I with someone much better at cinematography than I was, and he really showed me different ways to capture a subject. In the editing process, I messed with the lighting effects a lot, and learned how to make shots look better in post.

Experience

If I were to do this project again, I would like to dedicate more time to the film. Due to actors canceling we weren't able to record for very long. I would also like to brighten some of the shots. I would keep the story the same and keep a few of our shots, because I thought many of them looked pretty good.

Final Thoughts

I'm quite happy with our final product, though I wish we could have had more time to do more of our script. The project was quite stressful, but I'm glad we were able to produce a decent final product. Maybe in the future we will be able to finish the film and create a great final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final e-Comm blog post

 The final e-Comm Blog Post Personal Reflection The 5 Guarantees  I had never used an Adobe product, or any decent film equipment before goi...